RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (121) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed., Sternberg, Gonzalez, Crocker - A film< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
didymos

(Permalink) Posted: April 19 2008,15:28   

Otherwise Known As Kevin writes:

Expelled Exposed is supposed to reveal Expelled to be nothing more than "anti-science propaganda aimed at creating the appearance of controversy where there is none." But all it really does is expose the NCSE as an anti-science, anti-education propaganda mill that is hell bent on stifling discussion and debate at every turn.

Shorter Miller:  Don't disagree with me.  That's suppresive. *whine*

Kev also says Expelled opened in 1050 theaters. So, taking the box-office from "The Numbers", $1,126,000, and doing a Dembski-style Bayesian thing, you get an average of $1072.38 in ticket sales per theater.  Taking $7 as the average ticket price, that gives an average of roughly 153 tickets sold per theater.  If you just divide the box-office, then approx. 160,857 people across the land actually paid to watch the soon-to-be-a-classic film.  Yeah, that sucks.  Clearly, a chilling example of the Darwinist Thought Suppression Directorate at work.

--------------
I wouldn't be bothered reading about the selfish gene because it has never been identified. -- Denyse O'Leary, professional moron
Again "how much". I don't think that's a good way to be quantitative.-- gpuccio

3612 replies since Aug. 12 2007,07:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (121) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]