RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (121) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed., Sternberg, Gonzalez, Crocker - A film< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Quidam

(Permalink) Posted: April 17 2008,20:55   

More on the copyright licensing scandal.  It seems that scientists weren't the only ones lied to...

I just spoke to the band's manager, and adding to the confusion was the fact that they did authorize a project months ago with this request:

Quote:
'The film is a satirical documentary with an estimated running time of 1 hour and 50 minutes, exploring academic freedom in public schools and government institutions with actor, comedian, economist, Ben Stein as the spokesperson.']

What they authorized was a documentary about 'academic freedom in schools', not the film that the producers produced.

They contacted the producers of the film to ask that the song be removed but it is too late. Unfortunately it was misrepresented to them when the request came through to use it. Add this band to a long line of people who were misled by the producers of this film."

She later added:

"The band asked the producers to remove their song from the film when they became aware of the true nature of it. They were told it is too late. That's all there is."

http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2008....ng.html

I doubt they have any comeback any more than PZ, Dawkins, Scott et al do.  

But the idea that Premise can use half a minute of a Beatles song under 1st amendment or 'fair use' is bizarre.  it all comes down to whether Ono will go after them ... I rather think she will.  

Then Stein, Mathis and crew will be singing another Lennon song:

Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be.
The way things are going
They're going to crucify me.

--------------
The organized fossils ... and their localities also, may be understood by all, even the most illiterate. William Smith, Strata. 1816

3608 replies since Aug. 12 2007,07:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (121) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]