RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Topic: Young Earth  come from., where does it come from< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 06 2007,10:50   

Quote (ppb @ Aug. 03 2007,11:29)
This is just my own idle speculation, not based on any research, so take it for what it's worth.  I think a part of it is the idea that the story of Creation is all about Us.  The bible takes us from the garden through the fall, redemption, second coming.  God's history is human history.  Why would God be doing stuff with the universe for billions of years without us?  :)

That's often occurred to me, that a certain kind of fundie is very uncomfortable with the idea that the Earth should have been around for 4.5 billion years before Jeebus showed up. And billions of years with no people AT ALL? That must make a lot of people feel much less special.

A young earth would be more pleasing to such people, since it bolsters the idea that earth was created just for Jesus to show up. This would help fundies feel even more like the center of the universe.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

11 replies since Aug. 03 2007,01:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]