RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (32) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Young Cosmos, A Salvador Cordova project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
pwe

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 29 2008,09:16   

Quote (Albatrossity2 @ Jan. 27 2008,15:45)
On this thread, Sal shows his true colors. Writing about Berg's Nomogenesis, Sal notes that Berg's book had a "foreword by Nobel Laureate Theodosius Dobzhansky". In the comments, fellow whacko JAD actually has the smarts to question this assertion, "Are you sure Dobzhansky was a Nobel Laureate?". Sal corrects himself, in typical Sal fashion (when you are caught in a mistake, tell another whopper).        
By golly, I was wrong! He was not a Nobel Laureate. He did receive a nomination.

But according to the official Nobel website, nobody knows who the nominees are until many years later.      
Nomination to the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine is by invitation only. The Nobel Committee sends confidential forms to persons who are competent and qualified to nominate candidates for the Nobel Prize in Pysiology or Medicine. The names of the nominees and other information about the nominations cannot be revealed until 50 years later.

More damningly, a search of the database for nominations (available from a link on that page), using the search term "Dobzhansky", yields this      
There are no matches.

Add to that the beginning of Sal's post:

I wish to thank Professor Davison for introducing me to Nomogenesis by Leo Berg.

Professor Davison, anyone we know?

- pwe

948 replies since July 31 2007,08:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (32) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]