RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (32) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Young Cosmos, A Salvador Cordova project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 03 2007,10:37   

Hermagoras:

especially when the major dialogue opponent refuses to engage in any forum he does not control.

I limit where I will participate, but I know of some open fora that I don't control that I would trust for a discussion, the USENET newsgroup talk.origins being the most prominent. I have tried to treat discussions where I am moderator with care; you may have noticed that any post that I edit automatically is labeled as having been edited by me. So far, my changes to content of comments has been limited to fixing up broken URLs and the like. Spam gets deleted on sight, and banned people's comments are likewise deleted as they are recognized.

Sal Cordova himself has previously used the fora here to criticize things I've written, and his posts, filled with falsehoods as they are, remain unmolested here.

Cordova:

His posts violated forum rules and thus were free game for mutilation and humiliation and pranking. It was marginally entertaining.

I have found that Sal's comments require no further changes to be humiliating. Of course, humiliation requires a capacity to experience shame, and it appears that many antievolutionists have a conscience-ectomy at the same time they get their moral compass degaussed, depriving them of a range of human experience that would be good for them.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

948 replies since July 31 2007,08:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (32) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]