RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (28) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense: The BlogCzar Years. Er, Months., Record of all the bans and threats at UD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 20 2007,06:47   

An interesting baseball variant, in which one player gets the first two strikes and another gets the third.

William Dembski
9/19/2007

Rob, Your question betrays an insensitivity to the sensibilities of our group. One more strike and you’re out. –WmAD

William Dembski
9/20/2007
5:49 am

Grayman: That quote has been so overused and so used out of context against me that I’m going to boot you for bringing it up here — three strikes. To the rest, that quote comes from a book with a theological press in which I explore the theological implications of ID. The theological implications of a scientific theory or a theological reframing or interpretation of a scientific theory is not identical with it — just as there’s quantum mechanics and there are lots of interpretations of it (e.g., many minds or many worlds). –WmAD

(Edit: Added links. So far as I can tell using the search function at UD, Grayman had received no prior admonitions. Rather, he made the mistake of posting during a very bad week for WAD.)

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

826 replies since July 29 2007,19:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (28) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]