RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (29) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense: The BlogCzar Years. Er, Months., Record of all the bans and threats at UD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 20 2007,06:47   

An interesting baseball variant, in which one player gets the first two strikes and another gets the third.

William Dembski
9/19/2007

Rob, Your question betrays an insensitivity to the sensibilities of our group. One more strike and youre out. WmAD

William Dembski
9/20/2007
5:49 am

Grayman: That quote has been so overused and so used out of context against me that Im going to boot you for bringing it up here three strikes. To the rest, that quote comes from a book with a theological press in which I explore the theological implications of ID. The theological implications of a scientific theory or a theological reframing or interpretation of a scientific theory is not identical with it just as theres quantum mechanics and there are lots of interpretations of it (e.g., many minds or many worlds). WmAD

(Edit: Added links. So far as I can tell using the search function at UD, Grayman had received no prior admonitions. Rather, he made the mistake of posting during a very bad week for WAD.)

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

843 replies since July 29 2007,19:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (29) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]