RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (29) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense: The BlogCzar Years. Er, Months., Record of all the bans and threats at UD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 21 2011,08:51   

Another one:

jimpithecus | January 21, 2011 7:37 AM | Reply | Edit

It’s gone!!! I left a comment last night on Uncommon Descent that contained no name-calling, no hateful references and no ad hominem attacks but simply disagreed with what she wrote and this morning, I find that the comment has become one with the snows of yesteryear. How can someone call themselves a journalist with any integrity and remove comments they don’t agree with? O’Leary wrote:

“And, by the way, when Evolution Sunday rolls around in 2011, all Christian Darwinists should pause to reflect on how much their faith owes to these people. (I mention this because I am knee-deep in these blessed dimes of Darwin, for some project I am stuck with.)”

Here is what I wrote:

Why on earth would my faith owe these people anything? My faith in Jesus and my acceptance of evolutionary biology doesn’t hinge on whether or not these people are atheists. These people were atheists long before they supported evolution. And evolution has been around a lot longer than they have.

Somehow that was too much for her to handle.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

842 replies since July 29 2007,19:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (29) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]