RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (8) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The evolution of coloration in fungi, are brightly colored fungi aposematic?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Paul Flocken

(Permalink) Posted: June 28 2007,16:02   

Quote (VMartin @ June 27 2007,13:34)
What are you babbling about ######? What thread? Is it forbidden here to make fun of Meyers and Christine but it is reccomended to denigrate "Javison" in every post however you like? Calm down and go observe your colorful fish-ancestors in aquarium.

At my day job one of my duties is to feed the fish in the lounge(appropriately name The Aquarium Lounge).  Consequently I get to watch fish for a fairly substantial amount of time.  One of the cool things is watching them 'walk' around.  Now I know they are ray finned and not lobe finned fish(Sir Ichy I may need you to confirm this) but I watch them use their pectoral fins to move across the sandy/pebbly bottom.  Watching this leaves me in no doubt that limbs originated in something similar among the ancestors of these fish.

Sincerely,
Paul

--------------
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived, and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.  Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."-John F. Kennedy

215 replies since June 26 2007,15:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (8) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]