RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (7) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Behe's response, Keep comments unsupported by evidence< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 02 2007,14:47   

Behe opines:

Even if God purposely designed the malarial parasite, He may not have decreed that a particular infected mosquito would bite a particular person on a particular day, or that a particular tiger would eat some one in particular. In the case of the tiger (designed or not), for example, a humanís fate might depend on when he decides to go for a walk, which route he takes, etc., etc. Nature and human life would still be chockful of contingency and freedom.

Gosh that makes so much sense.  The designed the malaria parasite but it's not his fault if you become infected with it.  You should have never lived in Africa in the first place, dolt!  

It never ceases to amaze me how so many christians like Behe can ignore and/or rationalize obvious moral issues brought on by this religious nonsense.  When held to even the most marginal moral code, God/the inteligent designer is a very sick and perverted bastard.

"Hey god made the malarial parasite but he didn't force you to live in Africa!  You should count your blessings!"

I think it was Camus who said something close to when a christian sees an innocent child whose eyes have been burned out they must either abandon their faith or burn their own eyes out.  I think he was on to something.

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

196 replies since June 13 2007,07:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (7) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]