RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Libations and Comestibles< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2007,21:13   

I hate chopping onions too. the blender is really good for the onion if you have a liquid to blend it in. Next time I make it I'm going to blend the onion again but not the chicken. The chicken bits will give it the desired texture.  

When I get the habaneros, I think I'll just toss them in the blender too, along with the onions and garlic. We all know how risky handling habaneros is, even with gloves (don't scratch your eyes, careful next time you blow your nose or pee, etc., etc.). That whole Level-2 Biohazard problem is solved if you can just yank the stems and drop the little bastids into the hopper.

The only problem with my jerk chicken is, I used a whole red onion. After simmering for about 2 hrs, the onion infused the whole dish with too much sweetness. I think next time I'll modify that somehow.

I personally would use a yellow onion. I like red onions raw, but I don't cook with them. Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Speaking of chopped, raw red onions, try squeezing lime juice onto them, like they do in my local favorite Pakistani restaurant. Friggin rawks.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

1287 replies since June 07 2007,18:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]