RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Libations and Comestibles< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 14 2007,21:21   

Quote (stevestory @ June 14 2007,19:23)

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 14 2007,20:07)
(And one habanero and one scotch bonnet and it wasn't hot enough??? How'd that happen?)

You know this stuff?

I can drink that straight up. The two peppers distributed over a total of about 3 cups of sauce wasn't hot enough. It's hot enough when my scalp starts sweating.

(Tho I'd probably triple the garlic, use a yellow onion instead, and I dunno about liquifying the chicken like you did.)

You actually ascertained that there's a difference between scotch bonnets and habaneros?

Yeah, more garlic is always good. And don't liquify the chicken. The smoothness was nice, but you want some texture. don't liquify the onion either, same reason.

There's a little bit of a difference between the habanero and the scotch bonnet. Not much. Really the only two essential ingredients to jerk is allspice and any retarded-hot pepper.

Is that supposed to be regular Tabasco sauce or their habanero sauce? Regular Tabasco is warm but not all that hot.

Well, clearly, you're going to have to keep upping the dosage with the habaneros. Try four next time.  :p

My philosophy with garlic is that it's almost impossible to put in too much garlic.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

1287 replies since June 07 2007,18:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]