RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Libations and Comestibles< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 13 2007,16:19   

did you know there are over 17 different kinds of curry paste available at a decent Thai deli?

My favorite Indian spice store in Berkeley has dozens of different kinds of curry pastes. Patak's are really good to start, but they have dozens of other weird imported brands as well. They also have a growing selection of Sri Lankan spices, which are surprisingly different from Indian ones. Just yesterday I bought a bottle of Larich's 'Red Hot Curry Paste' from Sri Lanka, just because it looked intriguing. I'm thinking of taking that one out for a spin with some chicken thighs this weekend.

I hope it's better than this jar of Sri Lankan biryani paste I bought a couple years ago -- salty to the point of inedibility. Ouch.

I also bought some of the spices necesssary for a home-made phaal, having been inspired by Louis.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

1287 replies since June 07 2007,18:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]