RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Libations and Comestibles< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: June 09 2007,09:13   

Quote (Louis @ June 09 2007,07:50)
Now with wine, one can talk of the big reds, the clarets etc and they have their place (my favourite is Margaux, that region has some of the best terroir in France in my opinion. Ch. Palmer, Ch. Margaux. Love 'em!

Back in the early 1990s, on the advice of a friend, I put away a few bottles of Margaux.  I finally opened a 1989 Prieure-Lichine last year and it was fabulous. I have a couple of 1988s that I am eyeing laviciously and a 2001 that I just stored away.  I've just gotten back into wine recently and wish I had a chance at a 2000, but they are likely out of the range of my wallet now.

I can only imagine what a Grand Cru like Ch. Margaux must be like. There isn't much market for high-end stuff like that in Oklahoma, and what is here is usually from California.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

1287 replies since June 07 2007,18:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (43) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]