RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (8) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The DI's latest martyr:  Guillermo Gonzalez< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Chris Hyland

(Permalink) Posted: May 16 2007,23:20   

I've never laughed so hard at creationist dishonesty:

Two of the five active tenured astronomy professors in the department that denied tenure to Guillermo Gonzalez at Iowa State University are connected to a widely-publicized statement that denounces intelligent design as "creationist pseudoscience."

Iowa State University has made much of the fact that Dr. Gonzalez's tenure application was rejected starting at the level of his department. Now we know that at least 40% of the tenured faculty in astronomy in his department are connected to a statement that regards intelligent design as "creationist pseudoscience" and insists that "it is scientifically inappropriate and pedagogically irresponsible" for it "to be introduced into… science curricula."

For anyone who doesnt know the statement actually reads:
It is scientifically inappropriate and pedagogically irresponsible for creationist pseudoscience, including but not limited to "intelligent design," to be introduced into the science curricula of our nation's public schools.
ie nothing to do with teaching at university whatsoever.

I did some investigation of my own and it turns out the project Steve statement also says:

Evolution is ... a major ... inappropriate and pedagogically irresponsible ... curricula
So it turns out it's a pro-ID statement after all.

226 replies since May 13 2007,01:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (8) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]