RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (18) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Cornelius Hunter Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
mitschlag

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 12 2007,16:34   

Multiple statements by Cornelius Hunter on Feb 12, 2007:

Makes perfect sense? If this is your claim then we are on the same page, but the evolution claim here is that it is powerful evidence.

I know my questions must seem terribly naïve, but perhaps you will put up with one more. I’m still unclear as to why homologies such as the pentadactyl pattern are such powerful evidence (perhaps you do not think they are). If, as you point out with your dog example, proportions are easier to evolve than differences in structure, then how did all the structural differences we find in organisms evolve? Why is it that those differences present no big problem whereas the pentadactyl pattern pattern is “hard” to evolve, and so stand as powerful evidence? Now, let’s see, where’s that community college catalog?

I appreciate this good description of the evolution perspective. But how can I use this to argue that homologies are powerful evidence?

Again, this is subjective. I’m supposed to say limb homologies are powerful evidence for evolution because it is “unlikely” they would be designed that way?

Evolutionists claim that homologies such powerful evidence. The question is: Why is this so?

Do not merely explain the data according to evolution. This does not explain why it is powerful evidence.

"POWERFUL EVIDENCE" has been a Cornelius Hunter mantra from the beginning of this thread.  I have encountered this terminology in theology and law, but not in a scientific context.  Is there an epistemological point here, or is it empty rhetoric?

--------------
"You can establish any “rule” you like if you start with the rule and then interpret the evidence accordingly." - George Gaylord Simpson (1902-1984)

510 replies since Jan. 26 2007,15:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (18) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]