RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: AtBC's Muso Thread, We do it 'cause DaveTard Can't< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 06 2008,16:05   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Aug. 06 2008,15:35)
i got to hang out with him a few hours at an Old Time Music Week thing I worked at a few years ago.  I dont understand how those guys get two or three strings droning so clear while still playing a melody.  you can't even hear the bow changing direction.

my fiddling sounds like the hammonds family compared to that.

If you are ever down here in Sooner Country, a trip to Guthrie to visit Byron Berline is highly recommended.  He and his band play one or two shows a month in a small room above the fiddle shop and they are alot of fun.

Interesting Trivia for Arden and Albie:  The guitar player's name is Jim Fish, and he used be the curator of birds at the Oklahoma City Zoo and, for a while, was at the National Aviary in Pittsurgh.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

144 replies since Dec. 29 2006,13:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]