RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Hermagoras

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 10 2007,18:36   

Well, my google desktop cache didn't save my last comment as Getawitness.  Alas.  Here it is, reconstructed from memory: the comment, more or less, that got me booted.  It was in response to Gil Dodgen's third career as an immunologist

The more I read this post the sillier it seems.  How to fight bacteria?  Design an antibiotic that bacteria can't evolve resistance to.  [Slaps head.]  D'oh!  Why didn't anybody think of that before?  I'm sure the crack ID research team will get right to work on this using reverse-engineering ID methods.  

While we're waiting, Gil, who has no medical expertise, offers medical advice to those cwazy doctors:

In the meantime, medical doctors should prescribe multiple antibiotics for all infections, since this will decrease the likelihood that infectious agents can develop resistance through stochastic processes.

My prediction: should this advice be followed, bacteria will develop resistance that will falsify Gil's claims and kill many people in the process.

You know what else bacteria can't resist, Gil?  The Romantic Piano.  Chopin, Lizst, Rachmaninoff.  They're seduced like a debutante at a drive-in.  

That's my reconstruction from memory.  It think it's pretty accurate.  That last paragraph is pretty much verbatim, as I'm very proud of it.  I'm not sure which got me banned: that or the pimp-slap of Gil's medical BS earlier in the comment.

Getawitness was fun.

By the way, if one of you is Frost, PM me.  You're keeping the tard alive, my friend.  (I'm assuming sockpuppetry.)

--------------
"I am not currently proving that objective morality is true. I did that a long time ago and you missed it." -- StephenB

http://paralepsis.blogspot.com/....pot.com

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]