RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
keiths

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 22 2006,13:21   

stevestory wrote:
From Uncommon Pissant, an example of what happens when people use big words to sound all smart-like.

Red Reader regularly makes a fool of himself on UD.  My favorite example is his response to John Davison's "Prescribed Evolutionary Hypothesis".  Apparently the word "Evolutionary" set Red off like Pavlov's bell:
Red Reader wrote:
Just a desperate “big idea” for funding and publicity which necessarily includes enough bogus obfuscation to brand those who oppose or even question it as “unscientific”.

After a few other comments were posted, Red realized he was on the "wrong" side of the issue.  He sheepishly retracted his criticism:
Red Reader wrote:If I may, I would like to apologize to Dr. Davison for my ill considered and intemperate remark. It is obvious that Prof. Davison has put a lot of thought into his hypothesis. I hate to say it but it’s true: I engaged my opinion before I put my brain in gear.

I love it when ID supporters have to be told what the "correct" position is.  Of course it's even worse when your opponents know your position better than you do.  I once had to tell Josh Bozeman to "stay on your own side of the argument!" when he picked the "wrong" side.

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]