RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
phonon

(Permalink) Posted: April 12 2007,16:49   

Oh my god. DaveScot is blaming the "global warming whackos" for the price of corn.
http://www.uncommondescent.com/off-top....warming
Of course, most "global warming whackos" think ethanol from corn is a BAD idea because under normal circumstances it takes as much or more energy to produce the ethanol than you would get out of it.

Yeah, it's all the whackos' fault. Never mind that George W. Bush talked all about the need for ethanol this and ethanol that in a SOTU address and that corn prices shot through the roof right after that. Dubya knows that ethanol is a good thing for big business. The whackos don't like it so much. The real whackos realize that ethanol from corn ain't that "green."

Electric cars run from solar cells or plug in hybrids and electric grids run from wind, solar, and wave power. Those are the answers, not ethanol. I dunno, maybe I'm just too whacko to see the light.

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]