RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: April 12 2007,15:06   

I believe that thread contains some of the hardest core tard eva.

Are you sure you can cope?

Extinction occurs as recessive deleterious mutations accumulate in any species with obligatory sexual reproduction until there are so many of them the genome is no longer robust
How many generations since the ark AFDave, erk, DS?

Purebred dogs are prone to a litany of genetic disorders that would quickly make the breeds become extinct in the wild. The sudden appearance is what begs for a credible explanation. This is summed up in the commonly heard phrase ďThe question isnít about survival of the fittest but arrival of the fittest

Odd phrase "The question isnít about survival of the fittest but arrival of the fittest"
If you search for "problem is not survival of the fittest but arrival of the fittest"
you get 2 results.

Some attempt to prove life arose by accident in the primitive seas by a chemical process. But chemical processes cannot account for the mechanical marvels of life. What is the chemical formula for an eye, or an ear, or a hand? Each of these had to be formed  in working order and all at once,  or they would never have formed at all. The unbeliever's problem is not survival of the fittest but arrival of the fittest.
From the Church of Christ.net
The other hit is from somebody called whodey Link who seems rational. I wonder which one DS has been reading?
http://www.churches-of-christ.net/tracts/job016u.htm

One of the most obvious reasons to  reject  evolutionism as an explanation of life is the fact that, had they not been formed fully functional, the millions of species of life on earth could never have formed. The circulatory system, for example, requires a pump, blood, arteries, veins, etc. Each component is extremely complex; each is precisely tailored for the role it is to play in concert with every other part. It cannot be accounted for as the result of an incredible sequence of events leading to its formation.

Recognizing the absurdity of thinking that blind chance could have formed what we see here, some express faith in an unknown and unproven power in matter itself to form life. When conditions are right, they argue, life will just naturally form. This is more blind faith than scientific deduction.

EDIT: THe other tract names are classics!
Job115 -- Why Bad Things Happen to Good People
Job116 -- Homosexuality -- Are Same Sex Relationships a Christian Option?
Job117 -- The Case Against Instrumental Music in Worship
Job118 -- Christian Unity -- A Practical Plan for Peace in Our Divided Religious World
Job119 -- How to Identify the New Testament Church
Job120 -- Some Things You May Have Wondered about Churches of Christ
Job121 -- Why Not Be Just a Christian?
Job122 -- Leadership in the Local Congregation
Job123 -- Countdown to Armageddon?????
Job124 -- Confirming the Message
Job125 -- A New Covenant
Job126 -- CHRIST'S LAW, the Principle of Love
Job127 -- THINK ABOUT IT -- Who Provides for You?
http://www.churches-of-christ.net/tracts/

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]