RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
phonon

(Permalink) Posted: April 01 2007,19:37   

I just now am going to the uncommon descent website. Can't they get anything right? They say that the quote comes from the ACS news magazine Chemical & Engineering Times. The name of the magazine is Chemical & Engineering News, ferschissakes.

shaner74 misses the point entirely:
“Most chemists believe, as do I, that life emerged spontaneously from mixtures of molecules in the prebiotic Earth.”

Another ode to materialism (yawn). Golly why can’t we figured this stuff out? ID is supposed to be the science-stopper right??
Uh, yeah. Saying "we've figured this stuff out" is a science stopper.

and then apollo230  does a little projection:
At least Dr. Whiteside has a degree of intellectual honesty: if he does not know something, he admits it. More than I can say for these super-duper doctorates who hand-wave and dance their way past gaping questions like the origin of life.
Oh ok, then saying "life was designed" instead of "we don't know" is perfectly acceptable.

--------------
With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]