RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 31 2007,18:53   

Jehu sums it up    
The argument that design cannot be detected is such a pathetic lie that it I am amazed at how brazenly it is made by the opponents of ID.

Who says design cannot be detected? Look for the label! The point is rather that ID can provide no evidence whatsoever for the intelligent design of the objects they claim can only have arisen via that intelligent design.
Jehu then argues with nasa    
The argument from SETI scientists attempting to distancte themselves from a design inference is hilarious

Yes. If that's funny imagine how funny you are Jehu. At least those scientists are working at SETI. Or,  to put it another way, working scientists. Who do you think knows more about it, you, anonymous poster at UD, or NASA scientists? The reason nobody's "refuting" ID is that you cant play ball with somebody who's not turned up to the game! ID publishes books, not papers. Scripted lectures, not discussion conferences (what's to discuss, the bible is unchanging?)

Also, is this what it has come to for ID? The article is headed by DS    
Itís a good example of how the design inference has been employed for practical matters.

Notice    
how the design inference

THE design inference, or to put it another way, is it designed? I can only take it to mean that, as he does not go into details. No pathetic level of detail here, no siree, not going to tell you how this is relevant to ID thinks DS. He's just going to publish it and see what the cattle make of it.
So, Dembski gets to define and write how the design inference is to be used, and somebody else can also use the very same method to detect design. Or can they?Have they? Is DS saying that Lt. Flipper uses Dembski's methods, or just the design inference, or what exactly? Seems to me that ID is co-opting Lt. Flipper's ability to spot designed piles of rocks!
Link
It's pathetic how they attempt to shuffle into the spotlight aimed at another and attempt to catch some reflected light.

ID - The science of spotting news story's and seeing how you can create a spin on them to promote your cause which is in the end all about selling books to rubes. And dusting off the cheesy poof stained hands before the wife gets home.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]