RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Roland Anderson

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2007,04:56   

Quote (Kristine @ Mar. 28 2007,09:46)
Grrrooooaaaan!

Wanna be a fly on a wall? How about a bacterium on a fly on a wall? How about a mitchondrium in a bacterium on a fly on a wall?

You know what this reminds me of? Girl gossip in school - something I was never good at (because I was too busy reading Gould and Sagan and finding excuses for not going to dances like my mom wanted me to - oh, the irony). :)

The nastier it gets the more I lose heart. I'm watching somebody implode, and it ain't Ken Miller.

What I can't understand is why Dembski posted this. He sure as he11 doesn't actually believe this stuff about the Darwinian paradigm being overthrown etc etc because he's an intelligent person - so why post evidence on an intelligent design blog which blows everything Behe has said about the evolvability of irreducible complexity totally out of the water?

Behe wanted a mutation-by-mutation account of how something irreducibly complex evolved, and here it is. Is Dembski taking the piss out of his acolytes by trying to get them to ridicule something that is absolutely cast-iron proof that they're wrong? A kind of Blairite approach.

What a chump.

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]