RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 25 2007,18:28   

Quote (Kristine @ Mar. 25 2007,16:52)
...And as for me and my "nihilism," I can live with myself if Bill can live with himself.

But one wonders how he does.  

Ken Miller: “Blame the BBC’s bad editing”
William Dembski

Apologies are therefore in order. Miller, far from blatantly misrepresenting me, was merely setting up a strawman. Way to go.

Beyond not really being an apology at all (one does not express remorse by attacking the individual owed the apology - at least not beyond the third grade), a reading of the cited testimony finds no such straw man.  In fact, other than Miller's responses to a few questions posed by Muise in cross that established that he had passing familiarity with the term CSI and WAD's authorship of same, CSI and WAD receive no further mention in this exchange. Rather, Miller (in redirect) is asked about Behe's rather different notion of irreducible complexity, its significance to intelligent design, and the numerous falsifications of Behe's predictions regarding specific instances of supposed IC present in the literature.

Dembski's arguments are not addressed at all, not even in straw form.  Perhaps he is feeling a bit miffed by that.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]