RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
cdesign proponentsist

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 24 2007,19:31   

Dembski is having another "street theatre" moment over his recent Darwin quote at UD, Link here.

Let me first say that I was totally confused when he turned to Darwin to provide a current evolutionary understanding of the human race and even more confused when he acted as if somehow science had injected the idea of racism into society rather than the other way around. (I would personally recommend Gould's "The Mismeasure of Man" as a more up-to-date scientific take-down of racism.) I'm not surprised that Darwin had faults, and I'm not wrapped up in protecting him from all criticism because his evolutionary theory does not stand based on his authority. But the religious projection of the IDists is so transparent that it's funny, and I can just imagine them believing that if they just win this Darwin vs. Jesus fight, they'll have biology on its knees.
But he was so eager to slime Darwin he couldn't be bothered to get the context of the quote right. To explain why he did this he applies that "critical thinking" that's made him a darling of ID critics everywhere.

I was well aware of the context. But if I make the context clear, PvM and his fellows will find something else to attack. Better to give them what appears a minor slip-up, let them attack that, and then show how they’re acting in bad faith because they have ignored the gist.

What a clever feint! Who ever accused him of trying to obfuscate in his writing?

But I think the most important part of the post is the clue to the evolution of ID and their future plans of the world domination. Most people were joking when they said it involved more tard, but apparently, the joke is on us.

Believe it or not, it really helps that the other side thinks we’re such morons.

In light of this strategy, I really must say I don't know how they could be doing a better job.

Edit- Darn, I was beat out by two posters. Oh well, this really did deserve its place in Dembski's highlighted words of wisdom.

--------------
"Believe it or not, it really helps that the other side thinks we’re such morons." -Dembski

The ID epiphany: Nothing in ID makes sense until you accept they're trying to look stupid.

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]