RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 21 2007,14:00   

In other words, promote a boycott of the Darwin 10-pound note because it promotes racism.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/evoluti....urrency
kick-off a comparison of what good has been brought to the world by these two people ó Darwin vs. Wilberforce. Nazi Eugenics vs. the abolition of slavery.

Pardon my french, but for fucks sake.
It does show how vacuous Dembski is however.
What I dont understand is that recently they were saying how Darwin plagiarized Wallace. So would they now be saying that Wallace caused Nazi Eugenics?
NS was obviously an idea whos time had come. If Darwin did not specify it, somebody else would have, no question. So, I get the impression from these UD posts that they are critical of Darwin becuase of his "racism", not becuase of the idea he originated.
I get that impression, but I don't believe it for a moment. It's "Darwinism" they hate, not Darwin, and any attempt to say otherwise is misdirection.

I think that Dembski is pissed because Darwin's legacy will endure for thousands more years. And Dembski will just be a footnote in history, if that.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]