RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2008,07:17   

Quote (Jkrebs @ July 17 2008,07:05)

Yikes - that's pretty radical, but I like it when these guys come right out and tell the truth about what they think.  Tear down the educational system and take over at the ballot box - where have I seen that before?  Oh yeah, Kansas.  This year, for instance, Kathy Martin, one of the creationists from the last science standards debacle, is running for BOE on a platform that includes continuing to fight materialism in the science curriculum and support for private and home schooling.

There are lots of people who think as kf does.  It's a bit scary.

There may be alot, but when it gets right down to it, I don't think there is enough of them to form their own economic and social system.  There is enough to cause havoc in our system, but not enough to actually go it alone. But, let them have at it and, while they are doing so, they should forgo the benefits that secular, materialist science has brought to them.  No anti-biotics for them, I say.

But, just like Gil Dodg'em, who complains incessantly about the public schools while he continues to send his children to them, they won't.  They are far too happy pretending to be persecuted.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]