RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: July 13 2008,09:06   

Dembski writes: At this point, a friend who was with us urged that she and my wife take our son with autism down for prayer (I stayed with our other son and daughter). Over an hour later my son with autism was still not able to get to the main floor for prayer. Ushers twice prevented that from happening. They noted that he was not in a wheelchair. Wheelchair cases clearly had priority -- presumably they provided better opportunities for the cameras, which filmed everything. They also invoked the fire marshals, who, they claimed, prohibited too many people on the floor of the arena. But earlier in the service, during the worship time, they had packed the floor with people singing and whooping it up.

This seems to be standard procedure for all accomplished faith healers.  The photogenic who have at least a chance of standing up from their wheelchairs or dropping their crutches are brought up front and the hopeless cases are kept in the back of the room, out of the bright lights and tv cameras.  The Amazing Randi wrote an article about attending a faith healer's session once and mentioned the rows of wheelchairs with hopelessly screwed up people in the darkness at the back of the room.

--------------
Like every other academic field, philosophy of religion has its share of hacks and mediocrities.  Edward Feser

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]