RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Ftk

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2008,22:34   

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ July 11 2008,22:16)
Quote (Ftk @ July 11 2008,23:07)

Quote (Reciprocating Bill @ July 11 2008,21:29)

Quote (Ftk @ July 11 2008,21:11)
Due time, big guy.  I addressed Bill's last post with a lengthy post of my own, and here you are again acting as though I never address a thing.  

I have posted several substantive comments directed at the topic of common descent versus common design since your last response, beginning with an article documenting the work of Johanne Haile-Selassie you claimed would make you think. That doesn't seem to have happened.

Rather, you've ignored them. That isn't addressing my questions. Nor was the post you describe above at all responsive to my original comment - rather, you simply restated much of what you had already posted on your blog.

Go here and here, both substantial, on-topic non-personal remarks.

Fine.  Why try again?  I believe my lengthy post at the onset of this mess *directly* addressed the issues you had previously posted about.

I've been ignoring your repetative pleading to start on the next one as I've been commenting on other things, and I said I'd get to it in time.  

At this point it's obvious that it's futile to so.  Even when I break down your posts paragraph by paragraph and respond you insist that I've not done so.

So, bug off.

I'll accept that as, "Common design is an utterly and completely inadequate framework in the context of real research. It's uselessness in contrast with common descent is underscored by the example you provided. I have no response to the points you have raised. My argument that these frameworks have no bearing on ongoing biological research is clearly mistaken. So, bug off."

No, that's not how you'll take that.  You'll start acknowledging that I do address your points, or you'll not be getting any further responses from me.

Simple as that.

There is no reason why I should not be allowed to respond to others before you.  You can either wait patiently or you can keep repeating yourself endlessly.  I'll get to you when I feel like it.  But, if your going to be inconsiderate and accuse me of not adressing the issues in your post right after I've done so, then there is obviously no point in carrying on a conversation with you.  I'm surprised you even wish to continue the conversation if you find my responses void of content.

Just let it go if you feel that way.

--------------
"Evolution is a creationism and just as illogical [as] the other pantheistic creation myths"  -forastero

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]