RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Albatrossity2

(Permalink) Posted: July 11 2008,15:06   

Quote (Advocatus Diaboli @ July 11 2008,14:58)
A challenger appears:
† †  

Thatís funny. The Church Burniní Ebola Boys must not have seen this article. Go over there looking for a response on what happened to the Pharyngula presence on morris.umn.edu and thereís nothing but the sound of crickets chirping. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil must be the motto over there. If it doesnít play well to the theophobes just maintain a stony silence - pretend it doesnít exist.

Are yíall even capable of being shamed into acknowledging the hasty distancing of Pharyngula from the University of Minnesotaís web servers?

Címon boys. Silence is NOT golden.

*crickets chirping*

So help me out here.

When Marks has to move his website from a BU server, it is a serious threat to academic freedom, apple pie, and motherhood. Persecution like this has not been seen since Christians were tossed to the lions a couple of millenia ago!

When a link is removed from the UMM server, it is justice being served.

Seems like a double standard to me. Am I missing something? †Or are these guys just a gang of sleazy confidence tricksters, as the conservative columnist John Derbyshire recently remarked?

--------------
Flesh of the sky, child of the sky, the mind
Has been obligated from the beginning
To create an ordered universe
As the only possible proof of its own inheritance.
† † † † † † † † † † † † - Pattiann Rogers

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]