RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (638) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
guthrie

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 21 2006,09:49   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Jan. 21 2006,15:44)
guthrie,
I would dissagree on the BBC being influenced by the government of the day anymore.

About the article though. I doubt if Tony Blair had any idea whatsoever about what that school taught. I would hazard a guess that he just said any old crap to avoid appearing ignorant.

There is something wrong with the UK political system when a MP can't just say "I do not know, I will find out and report back to you".

I would dissagree on the BBC being influenced by the government of the day anymore.

HHmm, well, we shall have to agree to disagree.  

About the article though. I doubt if Tony Blair had any idea whatsoever about what that school taught. I would hazard a guess that he just said any old crap to avoid appearing ignorant.

I agree entirely.

There is something wrong with the UK political system when a MP can't just say "I do not know, I will find out and report back to you".

Absolutely.  My knowledge of parliamentary preocedure is miniscle, but I do know that they have plenty of researchers who could find things outquickly enough (A few days), but the problem then is that Blair might have to take a stand on the issue, something he is I think desperate to avoid doing.  Its hard to find issues on which he really truly takes a stand, rather than saying something wishy washy and content free.

19135 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (638) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]