RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (638) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 12 2012,15:12   

Quote (Ftk @ Oct. 12 2012,15:36)
???? How the hell would he pick up a good job doing 3D computer animation without a degree from a top notch school?  He's not wanting to settle for crap....he's totally motivated to get into 3D animation...film or game, etc.  I don't know if he can to it, but he does have the dedication and the drive.  He's top in his AP class...school of 1,750, which means nothing in the big world, but still I'd like to see him get a chance at his dream some way.

Here's a question...getting a website to display his stuff.  He has basically no time right now to set anything up because he's bogged down with school and art projects & competitions that have him putting in hours before & after school and often missing lunch.  

What are the best type of on line websites to use for displaying his ar?  Somewhere he could just upload his art and information so he would have it at his fingertips when discussing his work.  I see tons of website builders on line, but are any of you familiar with them and which ones are more user friendly for our needs?

pinterest?  it's connected to social media so there's the potential to have a wide audience quickly.  hell, i dunno

i'm not very familiar with the art world, but my artist friends who have become successful pooh-pooh the notion that going to college has anything to do with making art.  what might be better is doing an apprenticeship...  but i s'pose going to college might help him network to land those sorts of gigs.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

19135 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (638) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]