» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (656) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Bathroom Wall, A PT tradition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 28 2012,00:54   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Sep. 27 2012,18:16)
Quote (Lou FCD @ Sep. 27 2012,19:44)
Seriously. WTF?

God must exist because atheists exist. At least it's a new one, I guess.

Yeah, it's like HIV immunity exists, so therefore HIV must exist.

Wait...

Which "God"?

The catholic priest said:

"If an atheist exists, then God must also exist."

Does that apply to all the alleged gods individually?

If I were to say that I believe in only Fifi the pink unicorn god, would I be an atheist when it comes to zeus, yhwh, allah, and all the other gods that people have made up?

Is being an atheist a matter of not believing in 'the one and only true God', or a matter of not believing in any god, and would an atheist have a different answer to that question than a theist who thinks that they believe in 'the one and only true God'? For instance, does anyone think that gordo or arrington or o'leary or that catholic priest would agree that someone who believes in Fifi the pink unicorn god, but does not believe in and worship yhwh, is not an atheist? Would they accept that Fifi is or could be a god or 'the one and only true god' and that I could reasonably claim to be a theist if I believe in Fifi?

Edited by The whole truth on Sep. 27 2012,22:55

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

19679 replies since Jan. 17 2006,08:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (656) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]