RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Topic: Did anyone see this news bite?, Origin of Life< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
American Saddlebred

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 30 2005,09:55   

If that statement is so laughable to you, take it up with Chris Colby over at talkorigins.

I think you need serious psychotherapy, or have yourself hooked up to the Super VII Neural Pathomizer or whatver invention that whackjob L. Ron Hubbard invented.

You love to talk about spontaneous generation.  Those creationist scientists responsible for almost all of science (which is true from a certain point of view) also thought eels were spontaneously generated if a horse hair was dropped overboard into the sea.  Then we discovered the Sargasso Sea, and baby eels weren't made by horse hairs anymore.

Just like we found the Sargasso Sea, we found evolution. Suddenly everything made sense, the geologic column, the fossil record, the large concentrations of marsupials in Austrailia.  If you say continental drift (which AiG supports) isolated the marsupials it makes sense.  If you tell me people departed post-Babel with a koala in one arm and a wallaby in the other, that doesn't.  If you tell me insects survived the Noahic Flood by building rafts, that doesn't make sense either.  Evolution provides answers that the Bible can't even touch on.

There is religion.  There is science.  If your God insists on living only within the margins of science, I see why you want to keep those margins wide.  Furthermore, what kind of geek prints his arguments on the internet to show to his professor?  Get a wife kid.

15 replies since Sep. 27 2005,03:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]