RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (38) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Board Mechanics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 30 2012,03:33   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Mar. 30 2012,01:29)
Quote (The whole truth @ Mar. 30 2012,03:10)
I've been under the impression that only certain people can start new threads here but then I noticed the new topic button. So, I'm wondering if anyone can start a new thread and if there are any guidelines, rules, or special permissions that apply?

The general rule is that you check through the already-existing threads to see if one of those is close enough for your post. Only if no existing thread is suitable should you start a new thread. It should be titled such that it can be re-used in the future. For example, a new topic I recently created was one for discussing "Religion and Co-Workers". The spur to doing so was the Coppedge v. JPL case, but with that title, it also covers the old Peloza case and any future cases with similar issues at play.

Obviously, there has been quite a bit of topic creation that doesn't meet these desiderata. If you find an old topic that could be re-purposed with a different title, send it to me as a suggestion via PM. Birthday threads get a pass.

If you start lots of new threads willy-nilly that are needlessly specific, that would be annoying. They will be closed and you might lose new topic creation privileges.

Thanks for asking about what works.

Thanks for the information Wesley.

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

1116 replies since Oct. 19 2005,12:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (38) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]