RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >   
  Topic: Climate Genocide, global warming is gonna be bad< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 16 2019,12:18   

Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,12:06)
Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 16 2019,10:29)
Quote (Stephen Elliott @ Mar. 16 2019,10:44)
I think one reason people reject climate change as reality is the way it has been politicised.
Look at the green new deal championed by AOC. Does anybody think that would be a good thing to implement?

It's a vague set of initiatives that at least begins to deal with the problem on the scale it would require. If you have better ideas, we're all ears.

FWIW I don't think groups of humans are intelligent enough to deal with the problem successfully, and the next century will be a series of catastrophes.

I am not claiming to have the answers, just that the way it has been politicised is harmful to people accepting it.

BTW, I do consider global warming/climate change to be a threat to global civilisation. I also think that there is no way to address it without a reduction in population. At least for the foreseeable future.

in the late 70s and early 80s Exxon scientists and Exxon executives had meetings where they discussed global warming, because they knew it was an existential threat to their industry. They decided that there were enough people out there who are scientifically illiterate, that if they spent a few million dollars in propaganda they could confuse the issue for the indefinite future and keep making money. They literally hired the same PR firms that the tobacco companies hired when they were pretending that cigarettes don't cause cancer.

The carbon merchants have been politicizing this since I was in kindergarten.

60 replies since Oct. 13 2018,13:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]