RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (250) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 09 2012,09:49   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 09 2012,08:44)

Quote (olegt @ Mar. 09 2012,07:33)

Quote (Joe G @ Mar. 09 2012,07:23)

Now, since these have exactly the same length.  AND since they both meet the minimum functionality (i.e. all humans with these genes, all other things being equal, survive), then everything is equivalent and the two sequences have exactly the same functional information.

And they both have the same variational tolerance?

Or did you not read about that?

Yes, Joe, they have the same "variational tolerance." (For God's sake, they differ by just one letter.)

Variational tolerance has nothing to do with it Joe.

I TOLD YOU THIS WAS THE WRONG TOOL

Now you want to complain about me using the ONLY tool you even offered to explain something it wasn't meant to explain.

The sheer mind boggling inanity of your 'work' on this forum is astounding.

Joe, I told YOU to offer up a definition of information.  I will let you choose the definition.  Then apply that definition to the two sequences and see which has more or if they have the same.

That is ALL that we are doing here.  The simple fact that you cannot accept, even by the measure YOU provided, that they have the same amount of information is utterly ridiculous.

If you don't like the way I used YOUR reference material... then YOU DO IT.  But you won't, because we both know you can't.  And you're too much of an intellectual coward to even try to support your own work.

In additional, I told you that a human can have two of the sequences and live, one of each and live, or two of the other and live.  Therefore, in terms of survival, which is just as valid a function as any other, they are the same.

Perhaps, if you knew what you were talking about, then you could come with a definition of function and a functional metric that shows that the two sequences are different.

Of course that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ACTUAL QUESTION I ASKED does it?

Wow, 5-6 pages into this and we still can't get Joe to actually do anything.

Don't worry, I'm sure he's just about to do something.  Something like call you an assface, or accuse you of eating poopy diapers, or threaten to come to your house and physically attack you.  Just like any insecure, unimaginative 11-year old bully might do.  Joe always does, sooner or later.

Or maybe that wasn't the something you were hoping for.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

7477 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (250) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]