RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (100) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: FL "Debate Thread", READ FIRST POST BEFORE PARTICIPATING PLZ< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 07 2009,08:46   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Oct. 07 2009,08:43)

Quote (FloydLee @ Oct. 07 2009,13:54)

Even more amusingly, when you are saying " maybe the pope isn't aware of my made-up list of incompatibilities" you are merely saying "the Pope isn't really a Christian until he agrees with me" in a slightly different way.

Now THAT's a pretty good stretch, Deadman. Please go ahead and provide supporting reason(s) for that one.  And be sure they're rational reasons too!

If I may:

From the moment you assume the pope MUST have the same faith as yours, in every possible way, to be a christian, you basicaly shut down the debate.

That happens as soon as Floyd subjects the beliefs of anyone who honestly believes themself to be Christian, to his narrow fundie interpretations.  Floyd has only two tactics in the "Christianity is incompatible with evolution" debate, both fundamentally dishonest: 1)  He reserves the exclusive right to define one of the two relevant terms, Christianity.  2)  He reserves the right to lie unashamedly about the definition of the other term, Evolution.  There is no real debate here, Floyd's just wallowing in being a mental masterdebater.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

2975 replies since Sep. 12 2009,22:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (100) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]