RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (100) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: FL "Debate Thread", READ FIRST POST BEFORE PARTICIPATING PLZ< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2009,11:12   

Quote (Stanton @ Oct. 01 2009,11:46)

Quote (FloydLee @ Oct. 01 2009,10:32)

I think every and all sanctimonious ignoramus fanatics such as FL should take a look at Augustin's work, just for the sake of it...

I have, actually.   Augustine wrote that the earth was less than 6000 years old, he believed that God created everything instantly, (yes, literally), and he believed that the global Noahic Flood was literally true.

A very good YEC, to be sure!

FloydLee

It was Bishop James Ussher who, in 1650, came up with the idea that the world was 6000 years old.

Can you provide a source of St Augustine saying that the world was 6000 years old?

Here.

Unfortunately for FL, by FL's stated standards Augustine was not a "good YEC" at all.  Since Augustine didn't believe exactly the same thing FL does (because Augustine said the world was created instantly, not in 6 days like the Bible says), Augustine wasn't a Christian at all.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

2975 replies since Sep. 12 2009,22:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (100) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]