RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
KCdgw

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 06 2010,08:15   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Dec. 06 2010,06:57)
Quote (Maya @ Dec. 06 2010,05:47)

Quote (keiths @ Dec. 05 2010,21:35)
Ilion:

Markf @ 32 and your mask has slipped (long ago, in fact), revealing an intellectually dishonest fool. So there!

This must be another example of UD "civility".  Oddly, it does not appear that Ilion has been banned or even placed in moderation.

You are a hypocritical bitch, Clivebaby.

vjtorley at least responds in the right way:

vjtorley
12/04/2010
11:16 pm
Markf

I would like to dissociate myself from Ilion’s intemperate remarks. I know you for an honest man, and no fool. Pax.

and gets hit with:

Ilion
12/05/2010
7:29 pm
MarkF @ 35:

When I read the comments relating to this post I feel like the mask has slipped from Uncommon Descent and its true nature has been revealed. Like vj I believe in calling a spade a spade and the nature that has been revealed is self-righteous and bigoted.
[snip]
The Taliban – who seem to crop up a lot in this debate – also seek to restrict a number of sexual and social practices because they find it wrong for religious reasons. This includes homosexuality of course, and adultery, but is extended to things such as women being educated, men shaving their beards, and even dancing and music. How shall we answer them? By saying our religion is right and theirs is wrong? I think we all know how that debate gets settled.

Ilíon @ 38: “Markf @ 32 [numbers have changed since my original post] and your mask has slipped (long ago, in fact), revealing an intellectually dishonest fool. So there!”

VJTorley @ 43: “Markf, I would like to dissociate myself from Ilion’s intemperate remarks. I know you for an honest man, and no fool. Pax.”

Just as well, I suppose. For I decline to be associated with the likes of anyone so “even-handed” as you have chosen to be.

That *dishonest fool* (that is a redundancy, by the way) spews his irrational bile of leftist talking-points and your response to my “calling a spade a spade” is to tug your forelock, shuffle your feet, and attempt to curry favor with someone who despises you and all you value. Simply amazing!

But yeah, I guess maybe he’s somewhat right in the longer-term, for there does appear to be some self-righteousness on display, just now what he meant.

For lulz, Google "Ilion" and "Intellectually dishonest".

--------------
Those who know the truth are not equal to those who love it-- Confucius

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]