RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
rossum



Posts: 174
Joined: Dec. 2008

(Permalink) Posted: June 29 2010,04:39   

Quote (Nils Ruhr @ June 29 2010,04:24)
So why do you claim junk-dna, generally, has no function?

Because Junk DNA generally has no function.

In round figures about 5% of our genome directly codes for proteins.  A further 5-10% is conserved and so likely has a function other than direct coding for proteins.  The remaining 85-90% is junk with no specific function.

The articles ID people, like Sal Cordova, promote are about new functions discovered for the 5-10%.

rossum

--------------
The ultimate truth is that there is no ultimate truth.

  
  15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   


Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]