RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Freelurker

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2010,20:43   

So funny.

Gil Dodgen is running another one of his cheerleading sessions for technicians and engineers who are IDists. (Not Just Intelligently Designed, Intelligently Engineered)  
The following response of mine never appeared:

Freelurker
02/13/2010
4:51 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Gil,

If you were confident in your position you would go outside your blog and try to convince the general population of engineers. If you IDists just keep to yourselves, engineers are sure to continue to ignore the ID movement and to accept the theory of evolution.

One thing you could do, as I suggested once before, is contact the National Academy of Engineering and explain to them why it is obvious they shouldn't be celebrating the work of Charles Darwin. I bet that all the engineers reading this would like to hear the NAE's response.

Another thing you could do, as I recently suggested to Timaeus, is get the Discovery Institute to put out some press releases promoting such IDist notions as "ID is an engineering science," "ID is reverse engineering," and "Engineers instinctively believe in ID."

These guys are just as nutty when they talk about engineering as when they talk about science.

Edited to add: The comment appeared late the next day, way back in the thread.

--------------
Invoking intelligent design in science is like invoking gremlins in engineering. [after Mark Isaak.]
All models are wrong, some models are useful. - George E. P. Box

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]