RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
franky172

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 15 2009,18:25   

Quote (J-Dog @ Dec. 15 2009,10:48)
Quote (franky172 @ Dec. 15 2009,09:51)
Yes.  I believe that is exactly what Walton is arguing.  The more scientists try to emulate pre-biotic conditions, the more intelligent design is being done.

Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that catch-22," he observed.
"It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

It's a real shame what happened to Doc Daneeka.

Thanks for the Catch-22 quote!  I just re-read the book, because my son just read it for school.  It's still makes a lot of sense, and I can see a lot of IDCist personalities in the book.

And it's a real shame what happened to Doc Daneeka.

Ah, one of my favorite passages is the death of McWatt, and the "death" of Daneeka:

But Yossarian understood suddenly why McWatt wouldn't jump, and went running uncontrollably down the whole length of the squadron after McWatt's plane, waving his arms and shouting up at him imploringly to come down, McWatt, come down; but no one seemed to hear, certainly not McWatt, and a great, choking moan tore from Yossarian's throat as McWatt turned again, dipped his wings once in salute, decided oh, well, what the hell, and flew into a mountain.

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]