RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (16) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: RFJE's Personal Thread, Because our toilet is already cluttered< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Richard Simons

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 13 2009,08:10   

I, too, was struck by the use of the word 'gentle'. Gentle is how a professional boxer should be in a sparring bout with a 6-year-old. RFJE was more like an an angry 6-year-old thinking he could floor a professional boxer (no, I am not suggesting he was angry).

RFJE: you should have given some thought to the possibility that your knowledge is not complete and that professional biologists are likely to have more knowledge on the subject than you do. Your use of the word 'gentle' tells me that you are still not ready to accept this. You may be a power in the missionary community, but when it comes to biology, and particularly evolution, you must learn some humility. Something that comes across strongly in your comments is that although you use the word you have probably never really experienced it.

Biologists are extremely likely to have already thought of, considered and rejected any objections you are going to think of, not because they are evil or stupid, but because of the evidence that they are aware of and that you are not. Sure, it is always possible for an outsider to see something that has been missed but it is very unlikely.

So let's hear no more about being 'gentle' (I could beat you guys up if I really wanted to') but show some evidence of a willingness to accept the possibility that you might be wrong.

--------------
All sweeping statements are wrong.

452 replies since Feb. 09 2009,10:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (16) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]