RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (37) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Daniel Smith's "Argument from Impossibility", in which assumptions are facts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2009,12:25   

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Mar. 28 2009,10:00)

For life it involved just the right combination of molecules and conditions coming together, (washing up on hot isolated rocks or whatever), and building the very first self-replicators, which in turn became isolated from contaminants so that just the right combination of new molecules washed in to replenish them while just the right combination of "bad" molecules washed out so that eventually proto-membranes were formed, which in turn...  Well you get the idea.

My universe is bigger then yours Daniel.

EDIT: Can you supply a paragraph of similar length describing your version of how life came to be?

I can take that one for you Denial:

Goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit goddidit!
And since that has exactly the same number of characters, it would also have the exact same information content (according to Joe G over at unintelligentreasoning).  If you squint real hard, it's also a cake recipe.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

1103 replies since Jan. 26 2009,15:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (37) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]