RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Topic: Creationists declare war over the brain, Anti=evolution< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Spottedwind

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 31 2008,09:29   

In June, James Porter Moreland, a professor at the Talbot School of Theology near Los Angeles and a Discovery Institute fellow, fanned the flames with Consciousness and the Existence of God. "I've been doing a lot of thinking about consciousness," he writes, "and how it might contribute to evidence for the existence of God in light of metaphysical naturalism's failure to provide a helpful explanation." Non-materialist neuroscience provided him with this helpful explanation: since God "is" consciousness, "the theist has no need to explain how consciousness can come from materials bereft of it. Consciousness is there from the beginning."

What does '...God "is" consciousness...' mean and why can he just state that?

The other thing that gets me about this is how hard they are looking for something in the material realm when

"the theist has no need to explain how consciousness can come from materials bereft of it. Consciousness is there from the beginning."

If consciousness can't come from material things...WHY LOOK FOR IT THERE?

Ahem, pardon.

I know what I'm saying has been said before, but...the intellectual bankrupt way in which they have set up their search...they can't be wrong.

Find an unknown portion of the brain:
Evidence soul exists as this is the source of the soul that we have been looking for.  How do we know it's the source?  Well, no one knows what this section of the brain does and, interestly, we have conciousness.  As we all know, souls are conciousness, ergo, this section is the soul.  Q.E.D.

Find use for previously unknown portion:
The soul exists despite a lack of physical evidence because said soul is non-material and thus a material source won't be found.  Scientists are wasting their time looking for evidence that God hasn't provided.  You can't weigh the soul, you can't measure it.  Constantly searching for evidence of the soul is just a way to try to deny non-materalistic claims and keep Darwinian explinations in power.  But deep down inside, you know you have one.

It just makes my head spin.

27 replies since Oct. 28 2008,17:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]