RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (63) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Presidential Politics & Antievolution, Tracking the issue< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 09 2008,09:57   

Quote (blipey @ Nov. 07 2008,22:28)
Don't worry, Palin haters.  She might try to appoint herself Freshman Senator from Alaska since those idiots elected a 7 time felon to represent them.

I believe the Alaskan Supreme Court as the power to block her appointment of herself, but I may be wrong.  Not sure if they would do so if they could, however.

If it's not illegal to appoint yourself to an elected office someone should look into that....

ETA: I don't want to single out Alaskan idiots, my home state of Missouri once elected a dead man to Congress, srsly.

Alaska has special elections, not appointments, after a previous governor appointed his daughter. I gather she was rather unqualified. Cronyism/Nepotism is quite common in Alaska, it seems.

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

1878 replies since Aug. 25 2008,04:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (63) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]