RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (500) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 2, general discussion of Dembski's site< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
someotherguy

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 12 2009,16:36   

Quote (Ptaylor @ Aug. 12 2009,16:17)
Wow, Clivebaby is upset. Barret Brown has added an epilogue to his Huffington Post article in which he says

<snip>
Clive Hayden, meanwhile, asks that I engage him in a discussion on the subject of evolution and how it relates to each person's efforts to verify his worldview. I am disinclined to do so insomuch as that Hayden appears to have difficulty with his memory to such an extent that to debate him further would be much akin to arguing with a persistent amnesiac;<snip>
Clivebaby:      
BarrettBrown,

Hayden denounces me as “a comedian;” I would note that we’re now represented in the Senate, as we should be. Comedians are the greatest people in the world.

He also asks an astonishing question:

He must really dislike certain outcomes of evolution. Whence comes the discernment between competing worldviews that are all outcomes of evolution? If evolution, to Barrett, admittedly produces false worldviews, such as religion, then why trust it in any other regard?

I don’t trust evolution any more than I trust gravity or attractive women. I don’t make any claims to the effect that evolution only produces swell things and makes everyone smart and honest. I’m not all totally in love with evolution; I just think it’s the case. And I’m amazed that Hayden would ask me to account for the results of the process to which I ascribe when it is he and his fellow intelligent design advocates who attribute divine purpose to nature, not I. And what’s up with those airline peanuts, amirite?
That is a complete non-answer. I’ve asked you to give a real response again, your update on HuffPost doesn’t cut it for it doesn’t even address my questions. I answered your questions, now you answer mine, and don’t weasel out of it by talking about my memory. Can you not answer my questions? Can you not? It certainly appears that you cannot. If you can, do it here and now. Evasion won’t work Barrett.

Fightin' talk!

Somebody needs to inform Clive that any attempts to pull a "davetard" will be doomed to immediate failure if he doesn't use at least one of the following words and/or phrases:

homo
mesomorph
I slay myself
Dell patent
Houseboat
Marines
You're outta here!  
. . .is no longer with us

(add more as you see fit)

C'mon, Clive.  The playbook exists for a reason.  Learn it, love it, live it.

--------------
Evolander in training

14997 replies since July 17 2008,19:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (500) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]