RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >   
  Topic: Help required!, Another evo discussion.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Nerull

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 11 2008,10:37   

Quote (skeptic @ Jan. 10 2008,23:04)
And that is quite possibly the silliest thing I have ever heard...mutations caused by the environment are not related to the environment!

I want you to answer something for me, Skeptic.

A bit of ionizing radiation from said bath comes in and nails the DNA of a developing organism.

Where in the DNA this happens is entirely random.

Now explain how the mutation will somehow relate to the environment it happened in.

Also, a stable area of DNA doesn't mean no mutations happen there, but that no mutations have become widespread and passed on to future generations. This could be due to the fact that most mutations to that area are deadly - for example if it produces a protein that said organism has become dependent on. Break the protein and the organism dies. This tends to prevent the mutation being passed on to the next generation. This is what we called "natural selection.", and its a rather important bit of evolution that you seem to ignore.

--------------
To rebut creationism you pretty much have to be a biologist, chemist, geologist, philosopher, lawyer and historian all rolled into one. While to advocate creationism, you just have to be an idiot. -- tommorris

77 replies since Dec. 08 2007,11:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]