RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >   
  Topic: Disco "Legal Scholars" Investigating Judgment Day, I am NOT making this shit up< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mr_Christopher

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 06 2007,12:06   

I just got wind of this in one of the posts at PT.

Discovery Institute: PBS Teacher's Guide Injects Religion into the Classroom

A "Briefing Packet for Educators" just issued by PBS in conjunction with the NOVA program Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial inserts religion into the classroom and encourages teaching practices that are likely unconstitutional, says Discovery Institute.

"The NOVA/PBS teaching guide encourages the injection of religion into classroom teaching about evolution in a way that likely would violate current Supreme Court precedents about the First Amendment's Establishment Clause," says Dr. John West, vice president for public policy and legal affairs with Discovery Institute.

"The teaching guide is riddled with factual errors that misrepresent both the standard definition of intelligent design and the beliefs of those scientists and scholars who support the theory," adds West.

The Institute has sent the PBS teaching guide out to 16 attorneys and legal scholars for review and analysis of its constitutionality.

Discovery Institute is hosting a press teleconference call on Wednesday, Nov. 7th at 1pm EST to discuss the legal review of the PBS teaching guide accompanying the Judgment Day docudrama program airing next week. To participate in the call, or to request an interview, contact Anika Smith at Discovery Institute, (206) 292-0401 x155, [EMAIL=asmith@discovery.org.]asmith@discovery.org.[/EMAIL]

See it here http://www.swnebr.net/newspap....?162418

I'm digging around the filthy Disco web site for more tard...

--------------
Uncommon Descent is a moral cesspool, a festering intellectual ghetto that intoxicates and degrades its inhabitants - Stephen Matheson

86 replies since Nov. 06 2007,12:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]